Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Why Amazon is the BEST Place to Work

This blog post is just a celebration. I just got an internship as an operations finance summer intern at Amazon! I've applied and interviewed at many companies in the past few months, but Amazon has always been at the top of my list. I'm not kidding; at the beginning of last semester I made a list of the top 40 companies I wanted to work for, and Amazon was at the top. It has everything that a new supply chain management student could ask for: an environment of creativity and innovation, potential, resume experience, and challenges. 

I actually just stumbled upon their info session in January in the TNRB because a friend was going and Amazon provided free food. I heard their message and realized how amazing their company was. (Just Google "Amazon innovation" and you'll see how amazing they are.) On top of that, I realized that my experience as an Amazon seller at my current job at Super Healthy Kids would uniquely qualify me for this role. The next day at the career fair I talked to the recruiter and she put my name down for an interview. Three phone interviews later, I got an offer from Amazon! 

In the process I talked to several people who have worked at Amazon. They all mention how fast-paced the culture is, but how rewarding it is, too. That's what I want to hear in a company. I'm an ENFJ personality, and I want to make a difference in the world, so Amazon is where I want to go. Plus, they pay pretty well, even for interns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment